Monday, June 10, 2013

Anguish

I would be okay with some sort of electronic surveillance but every strategy I can think of to assure that US citizens rights are preserved requires a level of knowledge about me that requires yet increased surveillance. I am baffled.

What is the relevance of email to preventing clandestine correspondence? Someone could post coded messages on a public blog and a reader could get the message. Do they track every page view? That would be mind boggling. Is every computer in every foreign location associated with a user that can be tracked? I have serious doubts about the real effectiveness of such mass data gathering. There is no end to the surveillance that will be required to be safe. Can we trust the government to only use the surveillance in narrow ways? What does the IRS case tell us?


No comments:

Post a Comment