Saturday, December 14, 2013

Gun deaths and gun violence

The anti-gun mob likes to use the word gun deaths to describe gun violence. But gun deaths include accidents, bad guys killed in self defense and suicides by gun.  It's a bogus statistic. 

The gun murder rate  by state is quite interesting. By inspection one us tempted to conclude that higher rates of gun ownership correlate with lower gun murder rates but solid conclusions require more number crunching. The correlation may be positive for gun ownership but if so it is manifestly not a strong predictor of gun crime. 

The stat for Washington DC might suggest that the problem is black gun  ownership. The Dems (the party of the KKK) may be saying to us that we need to restrict gun ownership to keep the dependents on the welfare state in line. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the murder rate in all welfare dependent populations (see penultimate paragraph of linked article)  is significantly higher than the population at large. So maybe all the anti-gun rhetoric is the demographically isolated white intellectual chattering class expressing their fears about being overwhelmed by their clients. 

As a member of the productive taxpaying class of America, I admit to concerns about protecting myself from both the Dem elite who want my guns  and my property and their clients who want my property. My house was broken into while my wife was home by some of the "grab it" class. I pray that there us never a next time but if there is we are prepared. 

Update: It turns out that the latest Colorado shooter was a crazy member of the liberal elite. Maybe we need to keep guns out of the hands of all liberals. 

Something here for libtard amusement.
This one is funny too.

No comments:

Post a Comment