Sunday, March 3, 2013

Another Voice

Things are not always what they seem. High school administrators can't always tell their side of the story but the principal of Cypress Lake High School in Ft. Myers FL kindly answered my e-mail challenging the suspension of a student for disarming another student.

She writes: "It is unfortunate, to say the least, that the media has incorrectly reported the facts surrounding this situation and have cast an unfair negative shadow on me (and my school.)

The miscommunication is further compounded since this situation deals with students' discipline and I am unable to set the record straight and clarify what actually happened. I can, however, emphatically tell you that there are other circumstances involved in this situation and that NO students were suspended/punished for helping disarm another student of a firearm.

My life's work is revolved around being an advocate for student success and I am passionate about it. Hopefully, you can see/understand that when it comes to media stories, there is usually more than meets the eye. "

No comments:

Post a Comment